Students can take both full-length practice tests and adaptive/ individualized quizzes on Piqosity:
Full-length tests are created by editors to mimic an actual exam and as such the questions and order never change for any student.
- Adaptive practice is created algorithmically and on-demand according to the student's demonstrated weaknesses or specifications.
To take an adaptive or individualized quiz:
1. On the student dashboard, click on the "Practice" button to reach the Adaptive Practice Setup screen.
- Note that clicking on a "play" button from the dashboard automatically creates a "gamified" quiz according to the topic selected.
2. On the "Adaptive Practice Setup" screen, select the topics and sub-topics you want. If you make no selection, Piqosity will automatically pull questions from the topics where it thinks you need the most practice.
3. Select how many questions you want by difficulty.
4. Select the style of practice you want:
- "Standard" is most similar to an actual test in that each section is timed and the questions are scored at the end of the exam.
- "Gamified" does not time each section and scores each question after you answer it.
5. Click on Start Exam!There are some limitations to creating adaptive practice:
There must be available questions for Piqosity to create a quiz.
- Questions for adaptive practice come from full-length tests and/or Piqosity's general database. If you receive the error message, "No questions to display," you should unlock some full-length tests to gain access to more questions.
- Only questions that the student has not answered correctly are shown.
Passage-based questions cannot be broken up into individual questions for adaptive practice. For example, you cannot ask Piqosity to give you "20 main idea questions," because that would mean you would have to read a 600-word passages just to answer 1 question, which is a poor use of effort! Passage-based questions include:
- ISEE Reading Comprehension
- ACT Reading, English, Science
- SAT Reading, Writing & Language
If you select a topic that includes passage-based questions, you will receive all of the questions associated with that passage regardless of the number of questions you selected at setup.