Piqosity keeps track of time for all problems sets, both adaptive and full-length tests.
The allotted time is based off of the timing on the actual exam. For example, if the actual test allows 30 minutes for 60 vocabulary questions, then Piqosity would allow 30 seconds per vocabulary question (30 minutes divided by 60 questions).
Accessing Timer Settings
From the Student Dashboard, click on your name in the top right corner. Then, select "Profile" from the pop-up menu. From the profile page click on the circular edit tool to change your profile information.
Once you're on the edit page you can alter:
- Timing Preference
1. Setting Timer Preferences
By default a new user account is on standard timing. However, you can change your settings to time-and-a-half (1.5x) or double time (2x) under your profile settings:
- Click on your name in the top right
- Click on "Profile"
- Scroll down to "Timing Preferences"
- Click on the setting you want (Standard Time, 1.5x, 2x)
The changes will be effective immediately.
2. Setting Overtime Preferences
Overtime settings control how Piqosity reacts when a student is working on a quiz or full-length test and runs out of time.
- If Overtime is allowed, the app will allow the student to continue working through the quiz or test section. These answers will be recorded and graded as per usual.
- If Overtime is not allowed, then:
- The student is not allowed to continue answering questions in that section.
- The student is automatically advanced to the next section or taken to the "Submit" page.
Questions that are not answered due to a lack of time will count against a student's score just as an incorrectly answered question would.